Install and configure ODBC driver into windows server then configure ODBC into ODBC Manager in windows and then configure Power BI connects to Dremio
- Installed Power BI into windows server
- Assume in your computer already installed the ODBC Manager
Install and configure ODBC driver into ODBC Manager
Download the Arrow Flight SQL ODBC Driver from https://www.dremio.com/drivers/odbc/ then install the ODBC driver into the ODBC Manager in your computer.
Startup the ODBC Data Source Administrator then click on the Drivers tab and then we see the Arrow Flight SQL ODBC Driver display.
- Click on the System DSN tab
- click on the Add… button on the right
- In the Create New Data Source windows, choose the Arrow Flight SQL ODBC Driver
- Click on the Finish button
Enter Dremio server credential
In the Advanced tab, set default as example below
Click on Test Connection to test the ODBC connection to Dremio server
Startup Dremio server then connect to Dremio UI to make Dremio server is up and running
Startup Power BI
- Click on Get data
- Click More...
In the Get Data windows
- Enter the dremio in the text field to search for Dremio connector
- Choose the Dremio Software
- Click Connect button
In the Dremio Software windows
- Enter Dremio server
- Click on Direct Query
- Click on OK button
In the Navigator windows
- Navigate to the data source that you want to retrieve data
For this example: We navigate to the data source of Samples.samples.dremio.com then retrieve data from zips.json file from Dremio.